Friday 14 August 2015

never. and always.

it was never about me.

despite my playfulness and child-like brain,
and despite me being immature most of the time,
i've always had responsibilities instilled in me.

despite being comfortable and well taken care of,
as a kid i've always observed and been taught
the value of money, and what it takes to bring up
a whole family and how lovely it is to grow up
in a supportive and loving environment.

in my heart i always knew how blessed i am.

sure, i've always wanted to be what i am now
and i love what i do for a living, and i have been
fortunate enough to be able to earn a good living,
but my deepest ambition in life was to be able to
take care of my parents and my sister.

nothing drives me more than being able to be in
a position where i can make sure that they can
be comfortable in life, and my objective in life
is to love and take of them, the same way they have
taken good care of me all throughout my life.

so ever since i've started working, all my decisions
and all the risks i've taken was done with their life
and their future in my sights. sure, i plan for myself
as well, but alhamdulillah the successes i've achieved
and the help i can give so far, it's made me happy.

from my personal experience, there is nothing more
fulfilling than to be able to live your life for something
greater than yourself and more than for yourself.

it was never about me. it'll always be about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment